Lady Gaga is currently recognized as being one of the most well known mega stars of the pop music industry within the United States. As of 2016, she is estimated to have a total net worth of $276 million.
Even though she is known by the public as being Lady Gaga, her friends and family members refer to her by her real name which is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. She was born in Yonkers, New York on March 1986. Lady Gaga resided in New York until she attended the New York University’s Tisch School for the Arts, but proclaimed that she eventually left to seek creative expression.
Her debut album, which went by the name of ‘The Fame’ was phenomenally successful and the single ‘Poker Face’ broke records by topping the charts for almost every category, including country. Since her debut album she has earned various awards for her subsequent albums which includes a collaboration she made with Tony Bennet as well as her performance on the TV series ‘The American Horror Story which earned her a Golden Globe for her memorable role as ‘The Countess’.
Awards & Accomplishments
Throughput her career Lady Gaga has won approximately 198 Awards as well as to receive 442 nominations. Some of her most notable awards include:
- 2010 BET Awards for Video Of The Year
- 2011 Billboard Latin Music Award For Best Crossover Artist of the Year
- 2012 Billboard Mid-Year Music Award for Best Festival Performance
- 2013 Japan Gold Disc Award For International Artist of the Year, Best New Artist As well as the Album of the Year award.
- 2014 World Music Award For The World’s Best Album by A Female
- 2015 Social Media Awards (SMAs) for her work ‘Makes Us Feel Beautiful’
Outstanding Life Achievements
Throughout her career Lady Gaga has made some outstanding life achievements as well. Some of those include:
- Even though lady Gaga was initially struggling with an addiction to alcohol and drugs during the early days of her career, she eventually overcame her addiction.
- Gaga was one of the 25 singers who were a part of the ‘We are the World 25’ initiative, which was established to raise funds for individuals who were affected by the 2010 earthquake which devastated Haiti.
- She established her very own initiative back in 2012. The initiative was called the ‘Born This Way Foundation’ which was established to help younger individuals shape their personalities and their careers.
- As of 2016, Lady Gaga has sold an estimated 27 million albums as well as 146 singles internationally.
- She is also regarded as being a touring force and grossed more than $300 million in revenue which came from selling 3.2 million tickets for her first 3 word tours.
- She has also made 12 Guinness World Records
- Interestingly enough she also became the very first woman to receive the DDA or Digital Diamond Award from the RIAA for being the first and also the only artist to accumulate 7 million downloads with two songs.
- Time Magazine also listed her on their annual list of the ‘The World’s Most Powerful Women’ for 4 years consecutively from 2010 – 2014.