The 26 year-old American singer songwriter Taylor Swift has become one of the most talented musicians in the late 2000’s with an estimated net worth of over $280 million. Approximately $80 million comes from album sales, touring, endorsements and merchandise each year. Born in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, Taylor and her entire family relocated to outside Nashville, Tennessee, where Swift was able to make her breakout career possible in the country music world.
Just a year after signing with the famous Big Machine Records, she released her very first single “Tim McGraw”, that preceded even her first self-titled studio album release, reaching the number five position that year on the US Billboard 200 and an overall number one on the US Country Music chart. That single album was able to produce “Our Song” and ” Should’ve said No”, both of which were number one hit singles. To the present date, her very first album has also been certified platinum by RIAA more than four times.
Swift’s second album “Fearless” after the success of her first, was able to peak at number one on both the US Billboards and US country music charts, along with New Zealand and Canadian top music charts. The second album has also been certified platinum in four countries and six times in the US alone. It also managed to produce two number one singles, that is, “Love Story” and “You Belong With Me” that year.
Some of Taylor’s achievements include performances and compilations with other music artists including Faith Hill, John Mayer, and Justin Bieber. Among her many accolades, Swift has six American Music Awards, five CMT Music Awards and four Grammy Awards. She has made several film and television appearances, as herself on Saturday Night Live and also the Dateline NBC and also in fictionalized roles on such shows as Valentines Day, Hannah Montana: the movie and CSI (Crime Scene Investigation). On addition, she has also appeared in most popular publications such as the Rolling Stones, Seventeen and Teen Vogue and her current achievement is making the current image of the great L.E.I Jeans.
The launch of album 1989 completed her transition from a country starlet to a pop superstar. Album 1989 was one of the top 2014 releases with more than 3.6 million copies sold, making Swift one of the top three artists with a platinum album in 2014. She also is one of the most outspoken critics because of the rise of streaming and a distribution system which Swift used. The new state of affairs enabled the pulling of her music from Spotify in the month of November, forcing Apple to pay all artists exclusively during their service’s free trial in June 2015.
The Bad Blood singer is one of the highest earning musicians, pocketing over $1 million daily so far in 2015 owing it all to the success of Swift’s 1989 album, world tours and many other endorsement deals. Since the start of 2015, reports from the Express reports indicates that the songstress has earned an estimated total of $317.8 million, an equivalent of 205. 5 million pounds. Her fortune also keeps getting richer through ticket sales dating back from her 85 date tour, which according to the Billboard, earned an estimated $173 million just after 59 dates of the tour.
Another information related to how Taylor Swift gains her wealth is as follows. From Spotify and other streaming services, her rights holders make between $0.006 and $0.0084 per stream made. Taylor also has capitalized in selling merchandise to many other artists such as Swift branded key chains and sweatshirts. Billboard sources confirmed that Taylor sells a $17 of merchandise per ticket sold at any of her shows that help put together that additional eight figures she earns each year.
Another source of earnings is the endorsements she has received. She has signed endorsement deals for Diet Coke, Keds and Elizabeth Arden, something that helps her earn tens of millions collectively. According to her digital and physical record sales, iTunes alone takes a 30% cut of each and every sale made, and the remaining 70% is divided between Taylor and her record label.
These figures work for both digital and physical record sales using the same criteria. Publishing and licensing entitle Taylor to performance royalties anytime her song plays on a television station or radio for that matter. Finally, touring is one of the most important pipeline that has enabled Taylor to earn $150 million from the Red tour, $63 million from the Fearless tour and $123 million for her Speak Now world tour.